Book Title: Common Formative Assessment: A Toolkit for Professional Learning Communities at Work (How Teams Can Use Assessment Data Effectively and Efficiently)
Publisher: Solution Tree Press
Author: Kim Bailey
With foreword by Richard and Rebecca DuFour
Teams that engage in designing, using, and responding to common formative assessments are more knowledgeable about their own standards, more assessment literate, and able to develop more strategies for helping all students learn. In this conversational guide, the authors offer tools, templates, and protocols to incorporate common formative assessments into the practices of a PLC to monitor and enhance student learning.
With Common Formative Assessment, monitor and enhance your students learning. You ll get everything you need to know to create common formative assessments and incorporate them into the practices of your professional learning community. With accessible tools and templates for teams to adjust to their own needs, this is a process that will be easy to facilitate and easy to maintain.
- Includes strategies for how to identify and unwrap power standards to use as the basis for learning targets and common formative assessments.
- Provides protocols and reproducibles to facilitate the formative assessment process.
- Offers tools to create pacing guides and to design units for conducting and responding to assessments.
- Highlights ideas on how to encourage students to become actively involved in the assessment process.
1. Getting Started as a Collaborative Team
2. Setting the Stage for Common Formative Assessments
3. Power Standards The Essential Outcomes
4. The Unwrapping Process Achieving Collective Clarity on Learning Targets
5. Designing Quality Common Formative Assessments
6. The Big Picture Pacing Guides and Unit Design
7. Now What? Using Data to Make a Difference
8. Getting the Most Bang for Your Assessment Buck Involving Students
9. Sustaining the Work
Appendix Tools for Teams