Book Title: The Associated Press Stylebook 2017: and Briefing on Media Law (Associated Press Stylebook and Briefing on Media Law)
Publisher: Basic Books
Author: Associated Press
The style of the Associated Press is the gold standard for news writing. With The AP Stylebook in hand, you can learn how to write and edit with the clarity and professionalism for which they are famous. Fully revised and updated, this new edition contains more than 3,000 A to Z entriesincluding more than 200 new onesdetailing the AP's rules on grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, abbreviation, and word and numeral usage. You'll find answers to such wide-ranging questions as:
· When should the names of government bodies be spelled out and when should they be abbreviated?
· What are the general definitions of the major religious movements?
· Which companies do the big media conglomerates own?
· Who are all the members of the British Commonwealth?
· How should box scores for baseball games be filed?
· What constitutes fair use”?
· What exactly does the Freedom of Information Act cover?
With invaluable additional sections on the unique guidelines for business and sports reporting and on how you can guard against libel and copyright infringement, The AP Stylebook is the one reference that all writers, editors, and students cannot afford to be without.