Book Title: Diagnostic Teaching of Reading: Techniques for Instruction and Assessment (6th Edition)
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Author: Barbara J. Walker
- Assessment for Reading Instruction, Second Edition (Solving Problems in the Teaching of Literacy)
- Qualitative Reading Inventory-6, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package (6th Edition) (What's New in Literacy)
- Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling Instruction (5th Edition) (Words Their Way Series)
- Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling Instruction (6th Edition) (Words Their Way Series)
- Strategies That Work: Teaching Comprehension for Understanding and Engagement
- Qualitative Reading Inventory (5th Edition)
- Foundations for Teaching English Language Learners: Research, Theory, Policy, and Practice
- Reading Conversations: Retrospective Miscue Analysis with Struggling Readers, Grades 4-12
- School Law: What Every Educator Should Know, A User-Friendly Guide
- Lenses on Reading, Second Edition: An Introduction to Theories and Models
This practical book provides diagnostic information accompanied by explicit procedures for more than seventy instructional techniques drawn from multiple perspectives and applicable for use with all young learners.
The book is constructed in two parts: Part One explains the diagnostic teaching process; Part Two delineates the instructional techniques. Each technique's presentation includes a description, step-by-step procedures, and detailed information on how and why to use it. The emphasis throughout is on encouraging teachers to continually reflect on their instructional practices and to tailor their instruction to the strengths and needs of the children they teach.
For teachers of reading.